- Hip Greater Trochanter Bursitis Handout
- BioFunctionalMed eBook: Weight and Obesity Research Compilation
- Top 20 Health Benefits of Testosterone Therapy
- What is Kyphoplasty for vertebral body compression fractures?
- What are Epidural Steroid Injections?
- Medial Branch Blocks: Effective Spine Arthritis Pain Treatment
- LipoB12 Shots
- What is a facet joint cyst?
- Tennis Elbow: New Biological Breakthrough Treatments
- Alzheimer’s Prevention
- Weight Loss Lecture Series: The Science of Why You Can’t Lose Weight
- The Top 5 Anti-Inflammatory Herbs
- The 7 Most Important Decisions You Can Make to Avoid Back Surgery (Part 3 of 7)
- The 7 Most Important Decisions You Can Make to Avoid Back Surgery (Part 2/7)
- The 7 Most Important Decisions You Can Make to Avoid Back Surgery (Part 1/7)
- Oxidative Stress, Sunglasses and Green Sludge
- Sugar vs Fat: What hits the waistline harder?
- Do you have Insulin resistance and Weight Gain…..?
- What can the Dalai Lama teach us about our health…..
Spinal Arthritis Treatment The way that I try to explain this to all my patients is that our spine is like the mast on a ship. The spine is pretty static by itself. In fact, by itself, the spine could only support about 35-40lbs. Of course, we weigh a lot more than that. On a ship, the mast would surely break if it were not for the strong rope supports and riggings that keep the mast in place and upright. … Read More
Drinking Green Tea (Camellia sinensis) can not only prolong your life, and decrease your chances of cardiovascular disease, but various studies have shown that it is a potent anti-oxidant and help with fat metabolism and weight loss. Lin et al published in Obesity Research (2005) that green tea extract increased apoptosis(cellular destruction) in mature adipocytes and inhibited lipid accumulation in maturing adipocytes in a dose dependent manner. Also, green tea decreases your appetite cravings. How does green tea work … Read More
I frequently hear people tell me that they eat a big dinner and eat a snack before bed sometimes even waking to eat a snack. Well, perhaps they should consider the following. Sumo wrestlers who need to gain significant weight before a match will eat a lot of calories before bed and wake up in the night to eat. So, if you are not careful you may have been following a sumo diet, which i am pretty sure is … Read More
(Exclusively Available at Carolina Sports and Spine, PA) Watch this Video Link to help understand the benefits of Capsiate: Watch Video Improving the Efficacy of Capsinoids as a Thermogenic Adjunct in Clinical Weight Management New research over the last five years is clarifying the mechanisms by which capsinoids – thermogenic compounds in certain strains of chili peppers – can regulate fat metabolism and help over-weight individuals reduce abdominal fat and improve their health. Application of the new … Read More
What is Regenerative Medicine? Regenerative medicine is the sub-branch of medicine aimed at regenerating tissues and promoting new blood flow with the use of non-autologous and autologous substances. PRP (platelet-rich plasma) can be defined as a volume of autologous plasma with the platelet concentration above baseline. PRP Therapy has been clinically applied for its healing properties, and now is widely applied in many therapeutic areas. Platelets can secrete a variety of growth factors, including PDGF, IGF-1, TGF-β, VEGF, bFGF, EGF, … Read More
Use these 5 ground-breaking ideas from the field of Integrative Nutrition to help you lose those unwanted pounds and attain higher energy throughout your day. Think “NUTRITION” not Dieting. Diets fail not because of your will-power but because there is no way that limiting certain macro-nutrients like fats, carbs or proteins will not eventually rebound into serious uncontrollable cravings for the food that you have been limiting. I myself tried to live on a low carb diet for several months … Read More
Frankenstein Neck The following exercises help alleviate the muscles in your neck: Sometimes the area of pain will benefit from conservative measures like ice, stretching and rest. See stretching exercises above. If these techniques do not work, it may be necessary to try massage with trigger point work or trigger point injections with a physician. A physician can achieve a great deal of success with a simple lidocaine or sterile fluid injection into the painful trigger points … Read More